The Hekademia math department has been working hard! Our team of math teachers and instructional designers recently launched a new online, competency-based Geometry course that will be be available for schools to pilot in the summer and fall of 2016! Like our other math and English courses, Geometry is aligned to individual state standards, as well as the Common Core State Standards. We’re seeking cutting-edge schools and districts to join us in forging the path for online, competency-based education. The pilot program:
- is a 12-month trial using Geometry (see Course Outline);
- has a flexible start date, beginning as early as June 2016;
- includes two months of professional development prior to implementation of the course, a full semester or school year to use the course with students and teacher(s), and time for customized revisions to the curriculum based on participant feedback;
- includes the Learning Environment (LE). Our courses are hosted in Brightspace, Desire2Learn’s LE, so the use of our curriculum comes with a fully-equipped LE (or LMS), and technical support. Schools do not need to have their own D2L account;
- is free; we simply ask for your feedback, and if you choose to continue your relationship with Hekademia after the pilot, you will be invited to participate with our teachers and developers in the creation of your complimentary customized course before enrolling students the following year.
If you’re ready to lead your district in the digital revolution, reserve your space in the program. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org, or find us on Twitter: @HekademiaEdu.